Box Plots display variation in samples without making assumptions of the underlying statistical distribution. In Visual KPI, Box Plots can be based on time-series data or non-time-series data.
Box Plots display a dataset through quartiles:
- Minimum – the lowest data point, excluding any outliers
- Median – the middle value of the dataset
- Maximum – the largest data point, excluding any outliers
- First quartile (q1) – the median of the lower half of the dataset
- Third quartile (q3) – the median of the upper half of the dataset
Learn more about Box Plots and how they work.
Box Plots can be created ad-hoc in Visual KPI sites, or admins can create Box Plots in Visual KPI Designer. Box Plots can be created manually or they can be query-based.
Register for Visual KPI Online Training to learn more about Charts. It’s free!