If you don’t require the Visual KPI Alert Server, you can disable the alert service, or set it to run manually.
The Visual KPI Alert Server is a Windows Service. By default, the service is configured to automatically start and run under the LocalSystem account.
Note: In general, if you are going to use the Visual KPI Alert Server, you can use the default configuration for the alert service and skip this section.
To configure Alert Server Services in Windows Services:
- In the Control Panel, double-click Administrative Tools.
- In the Administrative Tools applet, double-click Services.
- In the Services window, scroll down to the Visual KPI Alert Server, right-click the service and select Properties. The Visual KPI Alert Server Properties dialog displays.
- In the Startup type pull-down menu, select the appropriate startup type for your implementation. If you are not going to use the Visual KPI Alert Server you should select Disabled or Manual.
- If you are going to use the Visual KPI Alert Server, you should leave it set as Automatic and click Cancel to exit this dialog.
- Click the Stop button and click OK, to ensure the service is stopped and no longer automatically starts each time the machine is started.