Your Visual KPI Dashboard is where your most important KPIs live. You can add KPIs to your Dashboard, move things around and resize them, and even add customized trends, called Ad Hoc Trends, that update in real time based on parameters you select.
You can customize several different Dashboards by creating different profiles and adding as many Dashboards as you need to each profile. Having different profiles and Dashboards may help you organize data based on anything from geographic locations to employee roles.
Switch Between Dashboards
You can give each Dashboard a different name and description. This makes it easy to switch between dashboards.
Use the Pin to bookmark bar icon () to add quick links from one Dashboard to another. You can link to Dashboards within your profile, or to any other Dashboard to which you have access.
Set Dashboard Properties
You’ll name your Dashboards and give them descriptions in Dashboard Properties. Whenever you create a new Dashboard, or customize an existing Dashboard, you can edit the name and description.
Open Customize Dashboard
- Click the cog icon under your company logo to open the Dashboard customizer.
- Click Customize Dashboard or add a New Dashboard.
Organize your Dashboard
You can arrange your Dashboard to suit your needs. Place KPIs that you use often or need to see immediately at the top. Make KPIs larger or smaller in size.
Organizing your Dashboard is like putting together a puzzle. The custom Dashboard has a few predefined shapes and sizes, so when you resize and move KPIs, they will snap into place on your Dashboard. But you get to decide how the puzzle looks.
Note: Don’t forget to click Save at the bottom of the Customize Dashboard panel or click the green check mark at the top of the panel once you have customized your Dashboard.
Resize a KPI
The available sizes of your KPIs can vary based on type. For example, a geo map by default must be at least 50 percent the width of your Dashboard, whereas a bullet chart can be as small as 25 percent of Dashboard width.
The same applies to height. The geo map requires more width and height, but that bullet chart can be small enough that you can fit four of them across the top of your Dashboard.
- Drag the lower-right corner to resize a KPI.
- Drag right or left the make the KPI wider or narrower.
- Drag up or down to make the KPI shorter or taller.
- Or do it the easy way and drag in or out to resize width and height at the same time.
Move a KPI
Drag and drop the KPI into place. As you move the KPI around the Dashboard, other KPIs will move over to make room.
Delete a KPI
While your customizing your dashboard, you can delete an KPIs you don’t want to see.
Find the KPI you want to delete, and click the X in the upper right corner of the KPI.
Select a KPI Visualization
Some types of KPIs have multiple possible visualizations and information that can be displayed directly on the Dashboard. When available, you can select the visualization(s) and information you want to see on your Dashboard.
Note: Geo maps, charts and tables do not have additional visualizations and information options available. Some visualizations only appear at a certain size.
For example, for a temperature KPI, you may want to see visualizations. In the image below, Show Sparkline and Bullet Chart are selected.
But then you only want to see the actual pressure of another KPI. Note that in the image below, none of the options are selected.
Once you Apply your selections, here’s what you’ll see on your Dashboard: the Pressure KPI only shows the statistic, or current pressure reading, while the Temp shows a sparkline and the current temperature reading.
To show visualizations and information on your Dashboard:
- Select a KPI. A green, dashed border appears around the selected KPI.
- Select the options you want to display.
- Click Apply.
- Click the green check mark to save your customized Dashboard.
Note: If you make changes to a visualization or information selection and do not click Apply, a red border will appear around the KPI to show that you have not saved your changes.
Add new KPIs to your Dashboard
You get to decide what KPIs appear on your Dashboard. That one KPI that could get you fired or promoted can be front and center on your Dashboard.
When you are on any screen other than the Dashboard, the cog icon will give you the option to add KPIs to your Dashboard.
To add a new KPI:
- Navigate to the KPI or visualization you want to add to your Dashboard.
- Click the cog icon under your company logo.
- Click Add to Dashboard.
You’ll get a message telling you the visualization has been added to your Dashboard, along with a Click here message to customize your Dashboard.
Or you can click Dashboard on the Visual KPI menu, and then click the cog icon again to get the Customize Dashboard option.
Add an Ad Hoc Trend
You can create a customized trend, called an Ad Hoc Trend, and add it to your Dashboard.
To add an Ad Hoc Trend to your Dashboard:
- Click the cog icon under your company logo.
- Select Ad Hoc Trend.
- Enter the values.
- Click Trend at the bottom of the screen.
The Ad Hoc Trend will be added to your Dashboard.
Learn more about Ad Hoc Trends
Add a Custom Time Range
You can add a custom time range to any KPI that has a trend or anything that represents time, and then you can add these to your Dashboard. But you can also add a custom time range to every attribute on your Dashboard that represents a time range.
- Use the Time Range Picker in the upper-right corner of the Dashboard to bind a custom time range to your KPIs. By default, no time range is selected.
- Select a custom time range. All KPI data related to time will display on your Dashboard based on this range.
- Use the time range paddles <> to advance or regress the time range. For example, if you selected a 60-day time range, the advance paddle will show KPI data for the following 60-day period.
Note: The time range is associated with the List View. The Geo Map does not have an associated time range.
Add a Group Rollup to your Dashboard
If you want to add a Group rollup visualization to your Dashboard right from the visualization.
- Use the More information icon to access the Group details panel.
- Then you can click Add Group to Dashboard from the panel.