To set security for each component of Virtual KPI separately, you need to decouple directory inheritance from the Visual KPI website parent directory so that the Interface and WebService (for the Visual KPI Designer) won’t inherit the same security as the Visual KPI website.
Use IIS Manager to decouple inheritance from the parent directory.
You’ll need to do this for each component:
- Interfaces-(data sources)
- WebService (Designer)
- Visual KPI Server instance (website)
At the parent level of each component:
- Right-click and select Edit Permissions.
- When Properties panel opens, select the Security tab.
- Click Advanced.
- In Advanced Security Settings, on the Permissions tab, Disable inheritance (UI may be different for earlier versions of Microsoft Windows Server).
- In the Block Inheritance panel, select Convert inherited permission into explicit permissions on this object.
- Click OK.
Learn more about how to enable security for Visual KPI, including an overview of all steps.