Confirm that you, or the person installing Visual KPI Server and Server Manager, have the necessary roles and permissions to complete the install.
- Your Windows login account must have the permissions required to enable Windows features/roles (if not already enabled).
- Your Windows login account must have the permissions required to install applications on the target machine(s).
- If you are installing the Visual KPI Server on a separate machine from the SQL Server machine, your Windows login account must have Security Admin rights on the remote SQL Server machine.
Use Microsoft Server Manager to check roles and permissions.
When you open Microsoft Server Manager, you’ll see some default items already selected, and Windows will automatically select additional defaults as you set the necessary permissions for installing the Visual KPI Server. You can leave all of these defaults, but make sure at a minimum you have the following roles and permissions enabled.
To confirm or enable roles and permissions:
- Start Microsoft Server Manager.
- When it opens, in the main menu, click Manage and then Add Roles and Features.
- The Add Roles and Features Wizard start. Role-based or feature-based installation should be selected. Click Next.
- The radio button for Select a server from the server pool should already be selected. Choose your destination server from the available servers in the Server Pool panel. Click Next.
- In the Select server roles panel, select Web Server (IIS) and expand it.
Then check that the following roles are selected:
Once you’ve confirmed the necessary roles are selected, click Next and finish the wizard. Click Install if any changes were made, or Cancel if all settings were correct and you didn’t make changes.