The sample SQL database (SQLDemo) includes 120,000 records. You can reference these lookups in KPI definitions, or you can add your own.
To add your own records:
- In SQL Server, open the SQLDemo database and expand its Tables folder.
- Right-click the SampleData table and select Open Table. In the right pane, the contents of the table are displayed in rows and columns. Each row represents a tag name and value combination.
- To enter a new record, click the Move Last button (>|).
- Place your cursor in the Lookup column in the next row (the row header includes an asterisk).
- Enter a tag name in the LookUp field, a value in the Value field, and a date and time in the lupd field.
- Move to another row. (The data is committed, but may not be visible until you re-execute the SQL.)
- The pkid field is automatically filled in with data.
Continue adding values until you are satisfied you have enough sample data.