Use Visual KPI Server Manager to create local groups and users, making it easy to set up authentication in IIS.
- Open Visual KPI Server Manager
- Click Tools in the menu.
- Select Computer Management.
- Under Local Users and Groups, you can have a separate folder for Users and Groups.
- Move users into groups, or create a new group.
Create a New Group
- Right-click in the Groups panel.
- Click New Group.
- Name the group.
- Click Add to add members to the group. (Start typing a name and click Check Name to find and add users.)
- Click Create to create the Group.
Add Groups in IIS Manager
- In IIS Manager, right-click the top-level for the website.
- Select Edit Permissions.
- In the Permissions panel, click Add to add the new group. The Permissions Entry panel opens.
- Click Locations and select the server where the group is located.
- Type the name of the group and click OK.
- Select Permissions for the new group:
Read & Execute
List folder contents
- Click OK to save new users.
Note: Local groups start with the NAME OF MACHINE/name of the group. Global groups start with DIRECTORY DOMAIN NAME/name of the group.
Learn more about Visual KPI Security, and see the security Quickstart with an overview of all steps.