If you receive interface connection errors when trying to verify an interface connection, you can try these troubleshooting tips.
Verify Virtual Directory Properties are Set Properly
In the IIS Manager window, right-click the interface’s virtual directory, and select Properties. Verify the following for the interface:
- In the Virtual Directory tab, verify the Local path is directed at the correct folder (example: C:\Program Files\Transpara\VisualKPI\Interfaces\PI-RTPMPI).
- In the Directory Security tab, click the Authentication and access control Edit button. The Authentication Methods dialog displays. Ensure that Enable anonymous access and/or Integrated Windows authentication are selected. Click OK to return to the Properties dialog.
Verify ASP.NET 2.0 is Set to Allowed
In the IIS Manager window, select the Web Service Extensions folder. The Web Service Extensions list displays in the right-hand side pane of the IIS window.
- Right-click the ASP.NET v2.0.x Web Service Extension, if it does NOT have a Status of Allowed, and select Allow. The ASP.NET v2.0.x Web Service Extension must be allowed.
Set Logging to 100 and Check Contents of the Transpara Event Log
Change the Error Logging Level for the interface. See Configure Log Level Settings
Attempt to verify the connection for your interface, again. If the connection fails:
- Open the Administrative Tools window
- Double-click the Event Viewer icon
- In the Event Viewer window, select the Transpara Event log. Review the Transpara Event log for errors that have a source that is the same as the name of the Interface: Visual KPI ODBC Interface, Visual KPI PI Interface, and Visual KPI SmartSignal Interface.
Verify the PI System has been Defined using PIServiceConfig.exe
The PI Interface configuration requires the PIServiceUtility.xml file to include the correct PI User, Password and PI Server. You will use the PIServiceConfig program to set these values. See Use Connect Strings with the Interfaces.
If you are still receiving an error, contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org