The Visual KPI Alert Server Configuration file defines how your system will handle alerts, as well as the content of the alerts.
When you configure the Visual KPI Alert Server using the Visual KPI Server Manager, the Alert Server’s configuration file is updated. You can manually modify the file, if you prefer.
The configuration file, VisualKPIAlerter.xml, is stored in the \Alerter folder of the installation directory.
Example Configuration File
<emailsubject>Visual KPI Alert</e-mailsubject>
<emailbody>Please address this Visual KPI alert.</e-mailbody>
- WS_URL (Titled “WebService URL” in the Visual KPI Server Manager)
This is the URL to the Visual KPI Web Service.
This is the URL to the Visual KPI Alert page.
The machine name or IP address for your SMTP Virtual Server. You need to configure an SMTP Virtual Server to relay the SMTP messages. See Appendix A – Using an SMTP Virtual Server.
- SMTPFrom (Titled “EmailFrom” in the Visual KPI Server Manager)
The “From” address to be used for Visual KPI Alert Server messages.
The port to be used by the Visual KPI Server to communicate with the SMTP Virtual Server.
- DelayInMinutes (Titled “Interval” in the Visual KPI Server Manager)
The polling delay period between cycles for the Visual KPI Alert Server.
- Verbose (Titled “LogLevel” in the Visual KPI Server Manager)
The integer logging level. 0 indicates no informational logging, and >0 indicates informational logging. All logged events can be found in the Windows Event Log.
- HistDeadBand (Titled “Deadband” in the Visual KPI Server Manager)
The time, in minutes, for the alert histories deadband. This means, that multiple similar alerts for a KPI will not be generated within this time period.
- emailsubject (Titled “EmailSubject” in the Visual KPI Server Manager)
The user defined text to be used for the e-mail subject line.
- emailbody (Titled “EmailBody” in the Visual KPI Server Manager)
The user defined text to be included in the e-mail body.