This Quick Start Guide will help administrators who are setting up and maintaining Visual KPI Server and Visual KPI Server Manager.
The Visual KPI Server Manager allows you to install the Visual KPI Server, manage your current installation, and upgrade your current instances (Visual KPI websites).
Some things you can do with Visual KPI Server Manager:
- Generate a report for all of your Visual KPI Server instances. Because the report is in a single HTML file, it can easily be shared with others.
- Manage settings for language and locale.
- Manage error logging levels (level of detail) for Visual KPI services, such as alert, Web and domain services.
- Manage the interfaces to databases that will be used to create your KPIs.
- Manage your Visual KPI license key and software upgrades.
Our Transpara Knowledge Base has articles to help you install and use Visual KPI Server Manager. Use this Quick Start Guide to quickly find the information you need. You’ll find direct links to relevant Knowledge Base articles under each topic below.
- System Requirements
- Prerequisites and Downloads
- Architecture considerations
- Visual KPI Installation Overview
- Getting Your Machine Ready for Visual KPI Server Installation
Navigating Visual KPI Server Manager
Managing License Key
- Configure Visual KPI Cache Server
- Setup and configuration the Alert Server
- Configure Visual KPI Alert Service
- Using Security with Visual KPI
- Configure Active Directory Domain Services
- Enable Security for Visual KPI
Configuring Regional Settings
- Configure the regional settings for data properties such as year, month, day and decimal notation
- Set the time zone for Visual KPI Server Manager
Configuring Event Logging
- Event Log overview
- Configure the level of detail included in event logs for Visual KPI Server and components
Managing Visual KPI Websites and Upgrades
- Overview of Visual KPI Website components
- Upgrade Visual KPI websites
- Configure Visual KPI websites
- Create interfaces to databases used to configure KPIs
- Repair a Visual KPI instance (website)
Configuring Remote Connections