New Version Optimizes Delivery of and Access to Decision Support Data on Any Handheld or Desktop Browser
Transpara Corporation today announced the availability of Visual KPI version 2.0, operations intelligence software that enables organizations to distribute business-critical data about process manufacturing and utility operations to any handheld or desktop browser. With Visual KPI 2.0, users can easily create and customize composite Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and scorecards using data from any combination of existing systems – including OSIsoft’s PI System, SQL Server, Oracle, OLE DB and Web Services – and publish them for instant use by anyone in the organization or supply chain, from plant floor managers to executives. By delivering actionable, decision-support information directly to the responsible user, Transpara provides real-time insight into organizational performance, lowering business risk and promoting corporate transparency.
“Asset-intensive process manufacturers are keen to measure the performance of plant operations in ways that help them optimize their profits. By displaying real-time metrics on mobile as well as desktop devices and allowing drill-down, Transpara is accelerating the advent of every employee having the data they need, when they need it, to make sound decisions,” according to Julie Fraser, Principal & Industry Analyst, Industry Directions.
Based on the familiar platform of Microsoft Excel and SQL Server and now extensible to any data source, Visual KPI 2.0 ensures that organizations can leverage their current technology investments and integrate existing data from a variety of sources within the plant and across corporate systems. Once configured, Visual KPI 2.0 is immediately deployable on all clients – phone, PDA, desktop – and users throughout the organization can get up and running quickly without having to learn a new technology. The consistency of data on Visual KPI 2.0 enhances collaboration across the organization, empowering users on mobile devices or on the desktop with easy-to-understand, relevant and actionable data.
New Features of Visual KPI 2.0 include:
- Dynamic Scorecards and KPIs – customize relevant data to automatically display based on time period (e.g. weekend turn-around), state of equipment or specific job requirement
- KPI Drill-Down Pages – access additional details on how to recover from non-compliant conditions or hazardous situations with single hyperlink
- Extensibility – easily integrate all new, unknown systems and data within Visual KPI interface; no external editing tools are required to maintain and configure web site
- Annunciator Panel Replacement – replace antiquated hardware with a web-based KPI map, increasing reliability with snapshot of equipment health and processes
- Roll-ups of Key Items – prioritize data at any view, Scorecard or KPI
- Scalability – create large scale web deployments with Transpara’s full support of web farms and Microsoft IIS
Transpara’s Visual KPI 2.0 is available immediately. For more information, visit www.transpara.com or contact the company directly at (925) 218-6983.
About Transpara Corporation
Transpara delivers operations intelligence software that provides mobile professionals in the process and utility industries with real-time asset and operating data on any web browser, whether on hand-held devices or the desktop. Transpara’s Visual KPI ensures that responsible parties throughout the organization and supply chain, from plant floor managers to executives, have on-demand access to business-sensitive information, enabling stakeholders to create and distribute Key Performance Indicators in order to monitor their entire asset base. With Transpara, customers reduce operating costs and lower business risk by promoting corporate transparency and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements such as Six Sigma, Title V and Sarbanes-Oxley. Transpara is headquartered in Pleasanton, Calif.
# # #
Transpara is a registered trademark of Transpara Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.